- The first day of tryouts for all potential players will be February 25th, 2019.
- We encourage any and all potential ballplayers to try out. A player's previous team team, whether it be JBO, Little League, etc., has no bearing on which players make the 3 teams.
- Accommodations will be made for potential players still participating in a Winter sport (i.e. varsity basketball players in the playoffs, wrestlers/swimmers at state, etc.). If this applies to you please be in communication with Coach Blair.
- Be sure to get your athletic "Titan Card" to Coach Blair by Friday, February 22nd. Without this card school rules state that we cannot allow you to participate. No exceptions.
- The start time on February 25th (and all tryouts/practices) will be determined by weather and facility availability. Plan A or B will be posted on the board outside Coach Blair's room during 7th/8th period.
- Plan A (outside) - 2:45 to 6:00
- Plan B (inside/turf) - 5:00 to 9:00
- Practice Gear:
- Recommended attire: baseball pants, ball-cap, t-shirt, and sleeves
- Recommended equipment: cleats, athletic shoes (for gym practices), glove, bat
- It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that you do NOT purchase equipment for the new season until you have been informed that you have made the squad. A few bats will be available if you do not have your own or want to wait until you have made a team to purchase one.
- Baseball is a "cut sport" so please keep in mind that not every potential ballplayer will make a team.
- Players are encouraged to show their positional diversity during tryouts. Maybe you see yourself as a shortstop, but can you also play outfield or catcher? Can you pitch? A team can only carry so many shortstops. Give yourself as many opportunities to make a team as possible.