- The first day of tryouts for all potential players will be February 25th, 2019.
- We encourage any and all potential ballplayers to try out. A player's previous team team, whether it be JBO, Little League, etc., has no bearing on which players make the 3 teams.
- Accommodations will be made for potential players still participating in a Winter sport (i.e. varsity basketball players in the playoffs, wrestlers/swimmers at state, etc.). If this applies to you please be in communication with Coach Blair.
- Be sure to get your athletic "Titan Card" to Coach Blair by Friday, February 22nd. Without this card school rules state that we cannot allow you to participate. No exceptions.
- The start time on February 25th (and all tryouts/practices) will be determined by weather and facility availability. Plan A or B will be posted on the board outside Coach Blair's room during 7th/8th period.
- Plan A (outside) - 2:45 to 6:00
- Plan B (inside/turf) - 5:00 to 9:00
- Practice Gear:
- Recommended attire: baseball pants, ball-cap, t-shirt, and sleeves
- Recommended equipment: cleats, athletic shoes (for gym practices), glove, bat
- It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that you do NOT purchase equipment for the new season until you have been informed that you have made the squad. A few bats will be available if you do not have your own or want to wait until you have made a team to purchase one.
- Baseball is a "cut sport" so please keep in mind that not every potential ballplayer will make a team.
- Players are encouraged to show their positional diversity during tryouts. Maybe you see yourself as a shortstop, but can you also play outfield or catcher? Can you pitch? A team can only carry so many shortstops. Give yourself as many opportunities to make a team as possible.
Attention prospective 2019 Titan baseball players. Believe it or not, baseball season is just around the corner!
Tryouts begin Monday, February 25th and final player decisions will be made that Friday.
Reminder: Baseball is a “cut sport”, meaning that not everyone will make a team, whether it be Frosh, JV, or Varsity.
If you are playing a winter sport at West keep doing your thing! We encourage multi-sport athletes and colleges love that, too!
For those not playing a winter sport we highly encourage you to attend after school workouts. They take place on Tuesdays and Thursdays on the turf at West from 2:45 to 4:45. These workouts began last week and will continue up until tryouts.
These workouts are player-led and give all potential ball players the opportunity to fine tune their skill set, work with varsity level players, and become acclimated to the fundamentals we teach at West.
If you have questions, stop by and check in with Coach Blair. Be sure to put yourself in the best position to make a team this year and build for continued success throughout the season.